Join our team and help us water the seeds of change in South Sudan!
Water for South Sudan (WFSS) delivers direct, transformative and sustainable quality-of-life service to the people of South Sudan by efficiently providing access to clean, safe water and improving hygiene and sanitation practices in areas of great need. The US 501(c)3 nonprofit organization was founded in Rochester, NY in 2003 by former “Lost Boy” of Sudan Salva Dut.
Our US office in Penfield, NY manages the administration and fundraising for the organization and works closely with our Operations Team in South Sudan. The Development & Communications Coordinator will assist WFSS with its development, communications and marketing efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist Executive Director in creating and executing WFSS development strategy in alignment with strategic plan
· Develop and track grant proposals and reports
· Generate database reports and lists
· Manage WFSS social media
· Maintain WFSS website
· Oversee written production of written materials including annual appeal, annual report and newsletters
· Three to five years fundraising and/or communications experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
· Excellent written and oral communication and editing skills
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with web/social media content
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite
· Working knowledge of donor database systems; GiftWorks experience a plus.
· Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
· Commitment to WFSS mission
Please send cover letter and resume to Lynn Malooly, Executive Director, at Lynn.Malooly@waterforsouthsudan.org