Water for South Sudan, Inc., a Rochester-based nonprofit organization which provides water, sanitation and hygiene services in South Sudan, seeks a volunteer finance/accounting professional to work with current treasurer and possibly transition to Corporate Treasurer by June 2020.
Treasurer responsibilities include:
· create annual budget with Finance Committee and staff;
· work with audit committee as necessary to facilitate audit with outside CPA firm;
· review tax return prepared by CPA firm and assist in providing data as needed;
· support WFSS staff with QuickBooks and general business practices;
· review payroll, credit card statements, and monthly bank reconciliations;
· attend meetings, such as finance committee, executive committee and board meetings;
· serve as backup to Executive Director for US payroll processing and check signing;
· oversee investment of funds in accordance with established investment policy;
· support staff as needed to review South Sudan finances and bookkeeping.
Time commitment to start includes bi-monthly Board meetings, and possibility of monthly Executive Committee meetings, both held on Wednesday evenings, 5:15-7:15 p.m.
WFSS Mission Statement: Water for South Sudan delivers direct, transformative and sustainable quality-of-life service to the people of South Sudan by efficiently providing access to clean, safe water and improving hygiene and sanitation practices in areas of great need.
For more information, or to apply, please send letter, with resume, to Lynn Malooly, Executive Director, Water for South Sudan, PO Box 25551, Rochester, NY 14625 or email to email@example.com