Iron Giraffe Challenge 2017-18: How to Enter and Important Rules
Rules and Important Deadlines
- Please send in pledge forms with intent to participate by February 15, 2018.
- Important: Funds must be received at the WFSS office (either by mail or online) by April 6, 2018. Please be prepared to send in your funds prior to April 6 so they arrive by that date.
- Schools may not use IGC funds donated during the 2014, 2015, or 2016 challenge to complete the challenge for 2017-18, nor may schools carry over funds to future years.
- New this year: funds raised after April 1, 2017 are eligible for the IGC 2017-18, and can be used to complete the $1,000 pledge. These funds may also will be tallied for the Super School Award.
- Beginning April 1, 2017, funds raised for the Iron Giraffe Challenge may all be applied towards well sponsorship efforts. Well sponsorship levels are $5,000 and $15,000. Please inform WFSS staff that your school intends to sponsor a well. Learn more here.
- We prefer that schools process checks and send WFSS one check, or donate online.
Donations by check may be sent to:
Water for South Sudan, Inc.
Iron Giraffe Challenge
PO Box 25551
Rochester, NY 14625
Schools are encouraged to send donations with tracking in order to ensure receipt by our office.
Salva hopes that schools will help us raise funds for our projects by each raising a minimum of $1,000. Each school that completes the challenge, raising at least $1,000, will get one entry in the Iron Giraffe Challenge drawing for the following prizes:
- First Prize: A visit to your school with Salva Dut*
- Second Prizes: A 20-minute Skype call with Salva Dut (3 prizes awarded)*
- Third Prizes: A 20-minute Skype call with Linda Sue Park (3 prizes awarded)*
- Fourth Prizes: A 20-minute Skype call with Ater “Lion” Thiep and Ajang “AJ” Agok, leadership in South Sudan for WFSS (3 prizes awarded)
- SUPER SCHOOL AWARD: Skype call with Salva for school that raises the most funds between April 1, 2017 and April 6, 2018!
*Visits and Skype calls subject to the availability of Salva Dut, Ater Thiep and Ajang Agok, which will require flexibility given our team is in South Sudan. Skype calls with Linda Sue Park are subject to her availability. We will make every effort to provide a Skype call if an in-person visit is not possible. Each school will be eligible for only one visit or Skype call with Salva during the 2017-18 Iron Giraffe Challenge. Calls and visits must be scheduled within the calendar year, and WFSS reserves the right to schedule into the following school year if necessary.