WFSS Seeks Office Administrator
WFSS is searching for the perfect fit to our small, busy office in Penfield, NY. We are looking for a detail-oriented, organized self-starter to serve as Office Administrator to help us manage our growing needs.
Office Administrator will manage Quickbooks and accounting; manage data and spreadsheets; and handle administrative and clerical tasks and projects for our busy organization. Position is 30 hours a week (with a possible increase in the future to full-time).
Office Administrator responsibilities:
- Oversee office Quickbooks and accounting, pay bills and assist African office accounting
- Handle all clerical duties including mail, bank deposits, filing and general office support
- Manage database, including data input & reports
- Assist with website maintenance and updates, and social media posting
- Attend meetings and take notes, including evenings (5:15 or 6:15 meetings once or twice a month) and other meetings as needed.
- Provide event support
- Provide support for staff and board as needed
- Conduct research projects as needed
Requirements: Candidates must have one to two years of Quickbooks and/or accounting experience, in addition to office clerical experience, and passion for the mission of Water for South Sudan. Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
In addition, candidates must have:
- Database and Excel experience
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to deal with donors with tact and courtesy
- Ability to understand and carry out relatively complex oral and written instructions
- Good knowledge of office terminology, practices, procedures, routines and equipment
- Own transportation for bank, post office visits and errands; clean NYS driving licens