Support WFSS through The H2O Project, an easy, engaging fundraising option.
How to Complete the H2O Project:
- Make water your only beverage for 2 weeks.
- Save the money you would usually spend on beverages.
- After 2 weeks, donate the money you saved to WFSS.
It's as simple as that!
Follow these simple instructions to save a life in 14 days. Increase your impact by getting a group to take the challenge.
- Take the challenge individually, as a family, or get a group involved. We make it easy — use our checklist and these other support materials, see links below.
- Donations for this project should be sent to Water for South Sudan, Inc. Make your check, or checks, payable to Water for South Sudan, Inc. and write “The H2O Project” in the memo line.
Mail your donations to:
Water for South Sudan, Inc.
PO Box 25551
Rochester, NY 14625
Get started with H2O Project
Download Introduction Comments.pdf
Additional items you may find helpful:
Gave Water Sticker Web Template.doc (Avery Template #8293)
Information about The H2O Challenge
The H2O Project was launched in 2001 by Steve and Brenda Koinis after Brenda saw a video depicting the removal of a very long guinea worm from a young African boy's leg. The H2O Project's goal is to raise awareness of the global need for clean water, and to equip the newly aware with a simple tool for making a difference. (Give up your sodas. Save someone's life!)
WFSS has been partnering with The H2O Project since 2011. Brenda has now retired and has given WFSS permission to continue using The H2O Project for fundraising projects.
Make Fundraising Easy!
The easiest way to take in donations from friends and family is through your own WFSS customized fundraising page. After you begin the H2O Project with your friends, ask them to donate the money they saved on beverages to your page. You can post information about your fundraiser, and updates of encouragement along the way, and all donations will automatically receive tax receipts and go straight to WFSS without complications for you.